|simple cute swirly|
|both very much doable|
|so cute, it says the word love!!|
|this is the one I attempt to mimic in my DIY (keep reading after the jump)|
|reminds me of the super amazing DIY that A Matter of Style did here|
|some basic ones|
- Pre-bought ear cuff+ earring stud (or you can buy these separately...or even make them! I got mine on the 10 for $10 sale at Claire's...so basically I paid like a dollar for this!)
- Leftover jewelry chains; a true DIYer would have tonss of these
- Jewelry pliers
- Rhinestone trim
- Jump rings
1) Use your jewelry pliers to disassemble the earring by pulling apart the little jump rings (the small circles that connects the chains).
2) Add on extra chains to the now open jump rings.
3) Slide the jump rings with the extra chains back into their original position and close the jump ring using jewelry pliers.
4) Cut a piece of rhinestone trim.
5) Add a small dab of glue on the end.
6) Lay a jump ring on top of the glue.
7) Attach these rhinestones onto the little jump rings that are connected to the earring/cuff. You can mess around with how tangled the chains are, how long they fall and drape, it's up to you!
8) The finale:
Pretty close to the original, don't you think? And yes, I resorted to my iPhone camera which is why the pictures are a little sketchy. I'll update them later once I find my camera's battery charger (wow I'm a mess).
See you tomorrow for the final installment of DIY Frenzy!