Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Prada Imitation Earrings DIY

There were some major fashion rumblings earlier on this year over these Prada resin rose earrings from their SS2012 collection.



In fact, I think everyone's current obsession is roses (Dolce and Gabbana, anyone?)

So when I saw Honestly...WTF? and P.S. I made this's DIY's, I knew the time had come for my own DIY.

Materials



  • flat-back roses (can buy them in bulk from eBay)
  • nail polish (any color!)
  • rhinestone earrings (Mine were 4.95 from H&M)
  • some wire (thin gauge) 
  • some glue (I like hot glue, but it seems the rest of the DIY blogging world loves E600)
  • small pliers 
  • earring backs
Keep reading after the jump for the tutorial!!
Instructions:

1. Using pliers, separate the earring into two parts, aka remove the earring portion from the dangly portion. That makes no sense, so consult the pictures:


2. Take your roses, and paint them in your desired color using nail polish (make sure you don't get your work space dirty!!)





3. Thread the wire through the little hole on top of the rhinestone/dangly part...

Cross the two wires like so:
And twist them around each other, and trim just 2-3 inches.

4. This is where it gets slightly complicated. Position the wire on the flat portion of the earring back, and fold the excess wire back behind the earring and around the earring post (shown). Use a small amount of glue to secure this portion.
After this, just glue the rose to the front of the earring, on top of the wire. Adjust the rhinestone placement by twisting the wire if necessary.

 5. You're done!!

Just to re-cap:

Here's the before pic
Here's the after

OMG look, you get two earrings for the price of one!! Prada rose earrings PLUS mega-huge rhinestone studs that could be a potential DIY in the future!

The original was $540. I made mine for about $5.


2 comments:

  1. プラダ 新作

    Hi, I do believe this is an excellent web site.
    I stumbledupon it ;) I may return yet again since i have book marked it.
    Money and freedom is the best way to change, may you be rich and continue to help others.
    Also visit my blog post プラダ メンズ

    ReplyDelete